Hazeldean Valley Trails
Follow us on Facebook.
The Hazeldean Valley Mountain Biking and Trail Running Trails are ideally situated right on the doorstep Pretoria East, riding distance from Silverlakes and surrounds. Come and enjoy some fresh air and exercise in the bushveld followed by well-earned, delicious food and drink at the Cowhouse Market.
The trails are well designed such that everyone can enjoy them from beginners to pros. There are up to 50 km of well-designed single track to be enjoyed.
There are dedicated trail running routes too which are lovely to hike as well. Feel Free to come and walk your dog here. The Cowhouse is a dog friendly venue as long as your dog is on a leash and is well behaved.
Trails are open 7 days a week from sunrise to sunset. Parking is at Cowhouse from 6 AM to 6 PM (summer) or 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM (winter) from where you can follow the coloured arrows to the trails.
In order to maintain and improve the trails we rely on income from your tickets. We request that you honour this system and do not try to enter the park without a pass. Tickets can be purchased at our ticket office in the Cowhouse Market on weekends and public holidays (and Thursday mornings between 8 and 11 AM), or at Bruce Reyneke Cycles in Shere on week days or use Snapscan at the gate.
We regret the online ticketing system is no longer available due to lack of demand.
In order to make use of the honesty system at the gate you will need the Snapscan app on your smart phone.
Downloading the app:
1. Access your phones app store and search for SnapScan.
2. Download and open the app (it is less than 5 MB, so you are not using very much data).
3. Open the app.
Setting up the app:
1. Follow the prompts starting with your email address, and then fill in your personal details (name, phone number).
2. You will have been sent a confirmation email, go to your email account open that email and click on the link.
3. You will then receive a verification code by SMS, put that code into the field provided.
4. Load your card by selecting "add card", and you will then fill in the card details (account holder, CVV).
5. Choose your pin.
For further information follow these links: